More than 15,000 children in Miami have a parent in prison or jail. The incarceration of parents has severe, unseen consequences for children who are often left confused and uncertain about their future. Our network of faith-based and professional organizations coordinates services to strengthen the bond between children and their imprisoned parents and mitigate the trauma caused by the separation.
- June, 2012 -- "Exposure to Violence Among Children of Inmates" by Craig D. Uchida, Marc Swatt and Shellie E. Solomon.
- December 20, 2011 - Miami Herald, "A family reunion at Homestead prison for moms, children"
By Margaux Herrera.
- December 20, 2011 - Spanish-language channel 41 News Story.
- December 20, 2011 - CBS 4 News, "Kids Visit Mothers In Jail For Holidays"
- June 30th , 2011 - CBS 4 News, "Children’s Program Allows Kids To Meet Jailed Relatives" by Cynthia Demos.
- Children of Inmates Participates in United Nations Conference.
Only your name and email is needed. Click here to join.
- The Service Network for Children of Inmate is funded by the Children's Trust of Miami-Dade. The Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.
© 2008 Service Network for Children of Inmates. All Rights Reserved.NetString™